This page was last updated January 9, 2023.
We look forward to welcoming you to campus for Move-In!
Incoming and returning campus housing residents may move in after 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 12, 2023.
For January Start students, please note that our official move in hours for January 12 Move-In are 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. Please plan to arrive during this time in order for your check in to be as efficient as possible. Anyone arriving after our offices close will need to contact the Residential Life staff that is on duty, and will have to wait for them to come check you in. On-duty staff contact information will be posted near the unit office area.
Where to Park
For January Move-In, it is recommended that you park on the street or in a university parking lot. You will need to follow instructions to pay for parking in accordance with any parking meter or garage charges for the day and time that you arrive.
Below is a list of residence halls and the closest UC parking lots where you can park when you are moving in, or returning to your campus housing. Please follow instructions to pay for parking in accordance with any parking meter or garage charges for the day and time that you arrive.
- Unit 1 (2650 Durant Ave.):
- Unit 2 (2650 Haste St.):
- Unit 3 (2400 Durant Ave.) and Unit 3 – Beverly Cleary (2424 Channing Way)
- Ellsworth Structure
- Beverly Cleary Hall Garage (Note: entrance on Telegraph/Haste)
- Blackwell Hall (2401 Durant Ave.)
- Clark Kerr (2601 Warring St.)
- Foothill and Stern Hall (2700 Hearst Ave,)
- Martinez Commons (2520 Channing Way)
City of Berkeley Public Garages
Check signage and follow instructions to pay for parking.
- Telegraph Channing Garage – 2450 Durant Ave. (near Unit 3)
- Ellsworth St. Parking – 2315 Ellsworth St. (near Unit 3)
- Center Street Garage – 2025 Center St. (Downtown Berkeley)
- Oxford Parking Garage – 2165 Kittredge St. (Downtown Berkeley)
- Allston Way Garage – 2000 Allston Way (Downtown Berkeley)