2401 Durant Ave. | Interactive Campus Map | Rates
About Blackwell Hall
- UC Berkeley’s newest housing complex, with premium-style double rooms in a lively location just one block from the south side of campus. Close to shops, restaurants, the Recreational Sports Facility and Sproul Plaza.
- Named after David Blackwell, the first Black professor to ever receive tenure at UC Berkeley and a preeminent statistician who made the campus his home for almost 50 years
- Approximately 752 students
- Room occupancy: Double rooms, and a limited number of single rooms.
- Housing style: Traditional residence hall. Most floors are all gender with multiple all-gender bathrooms per floor. Lounges and study rooms available on each floor.
- Nearest dining commons: Café 3, located only a block away
Residence Hall Features
These services and amenities are included:
Cal Dining Blue Meal Plan (with flexible upgrade plans and add-on flex dollar options)
Utilities: gas, electric, water, garbage, recycling, and compost
Furnishings: extra-long twin bed, desk, chair, dresser, mirror, and closet
Appliances: microwave and mini-refrigerator
High speed Wi-Fi, cable TV, and phone jack outlet
Professional live-in staff available 24/7
Laundry center, mail services, and bike storage
On-site central fitness center and recreation room
Three tiers of secured entry and access for buildings
Academic Services Center with Mac workstations and network connection; printing available at front desk
Smoke-free environment (smoking only permitted outside in designated areas)
Watch Video Tours of real rooms:
Scroll with your mouse or finger to take a virtual tour of the room. (360 images by Stephen McNally)
(Double Occupancy Room)
(Single Occupancy Room)
*Please note that our rooms vary in size and layout. These models depict only one example of each room type and do not represent all rooms.